Hello and Welcome Day 2 of the Disney/Pixar Blog Hop. (If you are looking for the Creat A Critter Blog Hop day 2, click here)
If you came from Tami's Blog, then you're on the right path. If not, then you can hop on over to Shawn's Blog and start from the beginning. There a some super creative projects being shared so you won't want to miss a single one.
For my project, I made a candy dish.
Here is a close up of the chocolate wrappers.
Here is a close up of the sentiment tag.
Here is the outside.
And here is the inside.
Details:
I started with a 12 x 12 sheet of white cardstock. Then scored and folded to create 4 inch squares. The corners are folded on a diagonal.
I then cut out squares and triangles of different Disney and Disney-ish papers from my stash. I used my ATG to glue them all down to the inside and outside.
I punched a hole in each corner, about 1/2 inch down from the corner.
Once you fold up the 4 corners, thread some coordinating ribbons/twine through the holes and tie. I added the sentiment tag to one of the ties. The label is cut using the Pink By Design "Goody Label Die". The sentiment is from the Pink By Design "Animated Greetings 2" set.
For the chocolates, I used the Pink By Design "It's A Wrap Dies" and cut out red and yellow card stock that I wrapped around the chocolates.
Now for the fun part..... Blog Candy!
The Grand Prize is a Scrappin Easlette!
For my blog candy I am giving away a $15 gift certificate to the Pink By Design store. All you need to do is be a follower, and leave me a comment letting me know what your favorite Disney/Pixar character is. Easy right? Also, don't forget to leave me a way to contact you if you are the winner.
You have until midnight PST on 5/20, and I will choose a random comment on Monday 5/21.
Next up is Kristal's blog.
I will be entering this in the Simply Sunday Challenge over at Getting Cricky. The theme is All About Mickey and Friends!
Happy Hopping and Thanks for stopping by!












How clever is this candy dish!!!? I LOVE IT !! I'm definitely going to have to "Pin" this so I can make it ASAP. What a great idea. Thank you for sharing, and the itch to EAT CHOCOLATE ...oops, I mean to craft. Getting near the end of today's hop, so I'm HUNGRY! c-h-o-c-o-l-a-t-e ..... CUTE PROJECT!
ReplyDeleteFondly,
Ellen
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
CardMonkey's Paper Jungle
www.cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com
E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net
I love making these and you candy dish turned out wonderful. Love the Disney paper that you chose. The ribbon and tag add a nice touch. Didn't think to do that. TFS.
ReplyDeleteTami - scrappin rabbit designs
scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com
How fun! I really like your project!
ReplyDeleteI am a follower and love The Incredibles!
Desiree
weeshareblog@gmail.com
Such a fun project- thanks for sharing how you did it. I am a follower and my favorite character is Aurora. rlovew1976 at yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteThis is great! Disney and candy . . . what else do you need to make every day a "mice" day!
ReplyDeleteThank you for being a part of the hop!
Shawn ~ Above Rubies Studio Affiliate Program Success Coach
Crafty Chics Blog
and
MyCutSearch.com ~ Find your Cricut images FAST!
Webmasters Earn Money Here!
Super cute! Thanks for the instructions!
ReplyDeleteMiranda :)
miranda at nanasscrapspot dot com
www.nanasscrapspot.com
Super candy dish!!
ReplyDeleteMy favorie Disney character is TIGGER :)
this is fantastic the paper placement really makes this stand out, great job!
ReplyDeletehttp://tryin2craft.blogspot.com
This turned out so cute. Ilove the colors on it.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite Character is Princess Aurora.
iluvkatie74atyahoodotcom
Oh my goodness what a fun candy dish! thank you for giving us the how to! I would love to try making it. I am sure it will not come out as fabulous as yours! :) My favorite character is a toss up between Tink and Tigger :)
ReplyDeleteWOW!! What an adorable and unique candy dish! Love it!! One of my fave disney characters is Tinker Bell. Thank you for the wonderful chance to win your blog candy!
ReplyDeletescrapluv45@yahoo.com
What a super fun candy dish! I love the papers you used and just eveything about it. My favorite character is Mickey and I have the tattoo to prove it! Thanks for the chance to win the candy.
ReplyDeletejennyplace26@gmail.com
Your candy dish turned out GREAT!! I just love these for all kinds of occasions -- and I love that you decorated the inside as beautifully as the outside!! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm already a follower, and my favorite character is Mickey Mouse (of course!!) -- I try to give the other characters fair time too, but Mickey always WINS!! :)
Thanks so much for sharing your talent in the hop!!
BIG HUGS,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
Wow I love your project!! Im already a follower. My favorite character is piglet.
ReplyDeleteVeronica
mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com
Great project! Picking a favorite character is hard! There are so many great ones! I think you can never go wrong with Mickey though!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. This box is perfect. I have made these before and they are so fun to decorate. Great choices on paper.
ReplyDeleteHard to pick a favorite character. I love Pluto . . . love Eeyore . . . love so many of the characters . . .
dbonczek@comcast.net
I love your candy dish. So cute! My favorite characters are Boo and Sulley from Monsters, Inc. They are so darn cute together.
ReplyDeleteI would love if you'd sign me up as an email follower under my aol account.
dmardmaker at aol dot com
You made one of my favorite party favors, and it turned out so cute with the Disney papers.
ReplyDeleteSoooo cute. I've yet to make one of these. Love it in Disney colors.
ReplyDeleteI have soon many favorite characters but I guess tigger will always be tops in my book.
Tina gale
Http://tiggersscrapplace.blogspot.com
Love the Disney Look, so so so cute!
ReplyDeleteawashingtontx34 at gmail dot com
Love this!!!! How fun to make a Disney bowl!!
ReplyDeleteMy all-time favorite character is Pooh!! He is loveable and cuddly and loves sugar!!!
I love it! Your candy dish is SO SUPER CUTE! I totally want to make one now ;)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite character is Belle ;)
Top29gun at gmail dot com
Super adorable candy dish. I love the colors on it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining in the Simply Sunday Challenge.
Jessie
Getting Cricky DT
Super Cute idea! I am a follower and my favorite character is Mary Poppins (Cinderella is a close second!)-Brenda in Tucson
ReplyDeleteWow! This is stunning. I love the tutorial. Thanks for joining us over at Getting Cricky SS Challenge.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com
Getting Cricky DTM
This is super sensational!! What a fun project!! Cheers Jennie
ReplyDeleteJenscrapstoo
LOVE this! You ladies always amaze me with your creativity and always being able to change it up from hop to hop! This would make a very sweet treat for a lot of my friends!
ReplyDeleteI have too many Disney favorites to list, but my #1 guy is, has and always will be Pluto! He has my heart!
Melissa
I love your candy dish;-) I have never made one but sure do want to give it a try. My favorite Disney character is GOOFY! I LOVE HIM! Thank You for sharing. disneynut 4 life 22 at yahoo dot com
ReplyDeleteWow that is amazing. You do awesome work.
ReplyDeleteannadowdy at gmail dot com
I freakin love it! TFS CallyAnn
ReplyDeleteI love these I call them paper bowls. I make them all the time. This one is fabulous!!!
ReplyDeleteFabulous job! The papers are exciting. Have a T-riffic day! TFS!!!
ReplyDeleteChristel
GCDT Member
Scrappin’ Sista Designs