Welcome to the 50 States Blog Hop!!

Welcome to the 50 States Blog Hop! Most of us would love to travel but are having staycations this year. What better way to travel but through a blog hop. This hop was inspired by our host Shawnee's journey across the United States as she traveled with her family to their new home. The United States is truly beautiful with many wonderful places to visit and see.
If you've hopped along from Minnesota (Lisa Peters' blog), then you are in the right place!! If you are just joining me from your dashboard or happened along from somewhere else, please be sure to CLICK HERE to start with the first state in the union, Delaware, because you won't want to miss out on any of the fun (or any of the blog candy!!)...
There is an AMAZING Grand Prize Package for one LUCKY hopper (winner chosen by Rafflecopter)!! To be entered to win, please do the following:
Visit each state and leave a comment on each project (simply follow the links provided below)
Like Blessed on the Bright Side and Handmade By Lisa FB Pages.
So what's the Grand Prize???
Cricut Cartridge - Destinations, beautiful handmade flowers from Shannon at Creative Chaos Flowers, and a $20 Gift Certificate to Scraptastical Kreations.
Now on to my state and my project....
The state theat I am going to share with you is Oregon. My grandparents lived in Oregon and we visited quite a few times when we were kids (before they passed away). I have a lot of memories of camping and road trips from San Diego, CA to Portland, OR!
Here is my layout for Oregon:
(I will be adding pictures to the photo mats later when I get some copies from my mom.)
Details:
* Cardstocks - Recollections
* Patterned paper - Imaginisce
* Lettering - Don Juan cartridge
* Beaver - Campin Critters cartridge
* Ribbon
Here are some fun facts about Oregon:
* State capital is Salem
* State flower is Oregon Grape
* State tree is Douglas Fir
* State animal is the American Beaver
* State beverage is milk
* State fish is the Chinook Salmon
Now you can hop on over to Kansas (April Nourse's blog)!! Remember to leave a comment on each state to be eligible for the GRAND PRIZE!!
I'd love it if you'd like to become a follower, but it's not necessary to win. Just be sure to leave a way to be contacted if you are a winner.
Thanks for stopping by!











I love Oregon, I remember road trips to Grants Pass from the Bay Area when I was young!
ReplyDeletethank you for the information on Oregon - hope you get your copies soon!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a scrap- happy day,
Lisa G
http://lisa-scrappingspot.blog.com/
I'll ck back to see your Oregon photos. Have flown out of the Oregon airport when I visited Washington.
ReplyDeleteMelissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com
I love Oregon. My favorite was visiting Portland. It is such a wonderful place. Can't wait to see your photos.
ReplyDeleteThank you for being a part of this fun hop!
Blessings,
Shawnee
Co Host
50 States Blog hop
http://www.blessedonthebrightside.com
Will hop back to see your pictures!
ReplyDeleteBarbara B.
My cousin lives in Oregon and almost won a Senate seat. TFS
ReplyDeletemjblahnik56@hotmail.com
I am definitely going to check back to see your pics! I have always wanted to visit Oregon. My sister lives in Portland and she says it is beautiful, but I have never been there.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, I will be back:)
ReplyDeletecathyplus5.blogspot.com
Oregon is very beautiful and there are plenty of great places I want to see next time we go there.
ReplyDeleteTFS!
Rachelle
joyfulhrt at gmail dot come
What a cute layout!! Thanks for sharing your Oregon information!! Glad to be in this hop with you ~ I am learning so much!!
ReplyDeleteLoving all the fun facts that I didn't know about your fabulous state! We gave visited Oregon SEVERAL times ... it is SUCH a beautiful state!
ReplyDeleteI am now follower your blog. So very nice to meet you! Stop over to my blog sometime and give me a shout out!
http://lillianchild.blogspot.com
Love your layout! Super cute!!
ReplyDeleteMany Blessings,
Tina
http://craftyandgreen.blogspot.com
great lo. love the simplicity. tfs.
ReplyDeletelittlen44 at gmail dot com
Super cute layout! And I am loving all the fun facts!
ReplyDeleteco11een903@yahoo.com
Love that beaver! Great layout. I'm a follower.
ReplyDeleteRobin
www.scrapandchat.blogspot.com
Hehe this gave me a great chuckle, love it.
ReplyDeleteIt was fun to do this hop with you!
Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
Stop by my blog anytime!
I love the beaver, he's so cute. Thank you for sharing your lay out.
ReplyDeletehttp://racincrafts.blogspot.com/ or
racincrafts at aim dot com
Ooooooh, this is too cute and how perfect for a woodsy area! I love it! Never have I been to Oregon, but my dad worked there for a while when I was little and he told me I would love it. I have to visit someday for sure! Maybe next summer road trip. :0) Love your layout. TFS!
ReplyDeleteBe sure to stop by my blog to enter my 500 followers giveaway! Coming up soon!
XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com