aka The Crafting Chemist

When I started this blog I had no idea what direction it would go... I'm a Mom, a Chemist, and a Crafter. This is my place to share my creative side and ocassionally brag about my kids. I hope you enjoy my creations and find some inspiration. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

My Thanksgiving Blessings Blog Hop!

**EDIT**
I've added a picture of the blog candy!!!

Welcome Back!

Welcome to Kathy and Kids, your last stop on the MY THANKSGIVING BLESSINGS Blog Hop! If you've come from visiting Sandra at http://www.365daysofcricut.com/, then you're in the right place!

If you've just happened across my blog and would like to play along with our fun hop, you can go to INKING IT UP CRAZY and start at the beginning.

The theme of this blog hop is MY THANKSGIVING BLESSINGS. Each blog has created a project centered around the blessings they have had this past year. Be sure to visit each blog for inspiration and fun BLOG CANDY.

This year has been a tough year for me. If you've been following me for awhile, then you probably know that I was laid off back in June. And during my time of unemployment I have re-connected with my love of crafts. Especially scrapping and sewing! Although I no longer have my days to craft, I will be making time in evenings and weekends.

For my project, I made a 2-page layout featuring My 3 Blessings! My 3 favorite people! They have been very supprotive of Mommy being home and spending a lot of time in her craft room!



(You probably noticed that there is a photo missing. The space is for my youngest's picture. I was having trouble printing it at home, so I'll have to add it later.)

Close-up pics to show some detail.




Details:
Cindy Loo - trees cut at 6 and 6 1/2 inches
Create-A-Critter - raccoon cut at 2 inches
Give A Hoot - leaves cut at 3/4, 1 and 1 1/4 inches
Tear Drop - title cut at 2 inches
Imaginisce "Apple Cider" patterned cardstock
Recollections colored cardstock
Peachy Keen Stamps Critter Faces
white gel pen
ribbon
i-Rock gems
brown chalk ink on edges
foam dimensional squares

I do have some blog candy, but I don't have a picture yet. I'll add it later so feel free to come back and check. All you need to do is become and follower and leave me a comment. I will leave it open until Monday 11/22, 6:00pm PST. I want to make sure everyone has plenty of time to participate.

Her is a pic of the candy I am offering!


DCWV Christmas and Winter COmbo Glitter Mat Stack, 48 sheets
Tree shaped chipboard album, 5 pages with ring closure
2 spools of glitter ribbon, green and gold, 9feet each
48 pc green sticky rhinestones
red pigment ink stamp pad
3 sets of clear Holiday stamps

Thanks for visiting!

Here is the list of blogs in case you get lost or just want to go back and visit someone again!

Celeste- http://www.ccscards.blogspot.com
Raven- http://www.love4stamps.blogspot.com
Rebecca- http://www.creationswithbecka.blogspot.com
Kassidy- http://www.inkingitupcrazy.blogspot.com
Theresa- http://www.juicycricutcards.blogspot.com/
Jenny- http://www.crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com
Debbie- http://www.craftydeb-ddscrafts.blogspot.com
Sherri- http://www.sherrisspace.blogspot.com
Susan- http://www.itsmesusanp.blogspot.com
Sandra- http://www.365daysofcricut.blogspot.com
Me! Kathy- http://www.kathyand3kids.blogspot.com


95 comments:

  1. your layouts are so cute I just love all the details, thanks for sharing so nice to be here with you on the hop thanks Debbie
    debbiewilson62@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paper and colors your chose for your layout.

    Thanks for sharing.

    perfectlyunperfectcards@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy this is really awesome! What beautiful children.
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your layout. Very minimal but fun looking. Sometimes less is better. Your children are adorable... THank you for sharing and for being part of this great hop! pjritsema at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout and beautiful children.
    I am now a follower.
    Thanks for the chance to win.
    annadowdy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your layout! That racoon and the tree are too cute! Nice being on the hop with you, sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout and kids! Love the trees and leaves. the racoons cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTE and colorful! It's a great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great LO!!!!!! love aall the detail, TFS!!!!
    brodiec88 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just adore you layout it bueatiful almost a pretty as your kids.. what a nice family ...
    Make sure you add that little one LOL
    Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us all..
    The Scrapbooking Queen
    www.thescrapbookingqueen.com
    thescrapbookingqueen1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your layout! That racoon and the tree are too cute!
    Rebecca Minor
    buzzybeedesign AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute LO. I just bought the Create a Critter cart and cannot wait to use it. I love your racoon!
    lfuchs1 at wi. rr. com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute layout. I love the bling in your wording and the raccoon is so cute. Thanks for sharing. I am a new follower.
    tabitha4cm at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your layout, all the detail is beautiful, all of the scattered leaves and little rhionestones on the lettering! I am glad I was able to hop on over to your blog because now I am a follower get the chance to gather great inspiration from your projects!
    Contact Info: arebori0204@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the LO, especially the kraft paper. Thanks for sharing it with us and for the chacne to win some candy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love that paper!! so cute!! great job!!

    canadianwynn@hotmail.com
    (and yes, i am in the states, despite the name! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is the cutest LO ever! LOVE the colors & paper. Very elegant! TFS! I'm a new a follower! :)

    Thanks for a chance to win!

    Terrie Barroso
    terriennz@att.net
    crafteecards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your layout is great. wonderful colors. Hope next year is great for you and your family. thanks for sharing millierose651@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very lovely project and of course wonderful things to be thankful for. So when reading this, does this mean you are back to work? If so congrat, if not enjoy your time at home, things will be what is meant to be. TFS!
    jennyplace26@gmail.com
    I am grateful for my family and friends!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful layout! I just love it. Thanks for sharing! I'm thankful for my family and friends.

    michelesscrapycreations35 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am thankful above all for my two daughters, my son-in-law who is wonderful to my daughter, my 6 grandchildren, my Mom of course and the rest of the gang. My BFF-Peggy, a job that I like, oh I could go on 4ever.
    I really liked your lay out- I may have to copy it.
    Nicely done
    perderq@q.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice layout. I love the ribbon around the pics. Beautiful kids:)
    Thank you for sharing...

    Cricut Chick
    cricutchick@rocketmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your lay out is very pretty.
    Minta

    mintab@gmail.com
    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your layout. Your children have a very special Mom. Thanks for sharing and the chance to win.

    Trisha
    patnbobcuddy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty LO. TFS. Hope you get the last picture to work soon. It can be frustrating when something goes wrong:( Have a great day.
    ~Madison www.funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome LO. My kids are my biggest blessings too. When I count my blessings I always start with them.

    You ladies have inspired me to get back into my LO roots.

    TFS,
    Erin
    spantastikreations@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm so glad to hear you overcame the obstacles thrown your way this year. I love inspirational stories and it helps me to hear them because I know I can just keep truckin. Your layout is really nice. I haven't been doing much scrapin lately but I am now inspired to make the time. :), Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  28. love this 2 page layout the colors are great and all the details make it so beautiful! thanks for sharing and the chance to win!
    -jamie
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a beautiful layout! Thanks for sharing!
    Lindsay
    lindsaykay2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a creative layout!!! TFS
    P am a follower.
    Suella11@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a wonderful LO! TFS!

    Christel
    onescrappinsista.blogspot.com
    christel(at)majesticdesigns(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful LO!! I love all the great colors! I am already a follower!! laysig@telus.net

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am thankful for my health and my cat. Thanks for sharing on this great blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great layout.

    Michel E
    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. beautiful layout!!!loved your project i belive that family is one of our greatest blessings too...
    habis1088@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love this idea, Kathy! Great LO & beautiful children! Thanks for doing this hop! I am most thankful for my family & good health of all of us!!

    debpaint16@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love your layout! the colors and paper are perfect!
    kacee
    mcvicwif@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a great layout. I just love the raccoon. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love this layout Kathy! Love the raccoon and the Imaginisce paper! It's all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love your pages! You added so many nice details. Gorgeous!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    *smiles*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful layout and children! At least something good came from being laid off, you found your love of crafts again!!! YEA! You are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a wonderful LO!! Thank you for sharing. I am now a follower.
    pattig161@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love your layout. I am now a follower and look forward to seeing more from you.--Ryansmaama
    gkburrow@cmaaccess.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love your Layout and your princess banner!! You have the cutest projects!!! TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your LO is so awesome and professional looking! Great colors and embellishing!

    TFS
    tjsgal at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Darn, I don't see my comment. Just as I was closing your blog I saw that it didn't post. Anyway...

    Your LO is adorable! You did a wonderful job with your Cricut images. I really like the Create A Critter cartridge and think it will be my next!

    Thank you for being a part of this hop! I have enjoyed looking at all of the great projects everyone made for us hoppers to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hey Kathy~
    AWW. I LOVE your LO, so festive! and that raccoon is too cute!
    I am already a follower of your blog
    TFS and a chance to win
    Bonnie C
    http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
    ascrapabove at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  48. WOW!!! You are amazing!!!! I'm so glad I got to participate in this hop with you! Thanks so much for sharing your amazing talent! I absolutely love the LO; just beautiful!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love your LO and love love love the cuts you made! I will be sure to some back and see the rest of your amazing projects...thank you for the chance to win!
    sheree.burress@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a great layout... I love the colours and I am going to have to use my Cindy Loo cart for those trees...
    lauraleed48atlivedotca

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great project! Thanks for sharing.

    danadbrown at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  52. Very cute layout Kathy. TFS
    Kerry

    mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Luv the LO ! Thx for helping to host the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  54. What a great LO! Glad to hear you found a new job. I am a new follower. Thanks for a chance to win.

    stacy at mycraftingtime dot com

    ReplyDelete
  55. Great LO! Thanks for the chance to win!
    ra6352 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  56. Wonderful layout, really like the papers you used.
    sandradelong@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. Great LO!! Following :)

    Thanks,
    Tanya
    phenis2031 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. Your layout is so sweet. Great looking kids. I love the different cartridge cuts that you used on this! Thank you for sharing.

    Marianne S.
    sthquilter at gmail dot com
    www.paperorfabric.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. Kathy, Your LO is so pretty. I love the colors. You children are so cute. I know you are proud of them. Thanks for a great blog hop and sharing a great project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. So cute. I think the raccoon is so cute. I am your 200th follower. Yeah for your that is a great following.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Love your LO! colors are really pretty! Your children are adorable! TFS! I'm now a follower!
    nanapuddin at wildblue dot net

    ReplyDelete
  62. This layout is so pretty!

    avillarreal140@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  63. Cute layout. The kids are adorable. TFS
    bhoward at kci dot net
    http://handmadebyhh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  64. Thanks for the inspiration and for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Great layout. Thanks for sharing.

    vwilson577 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  66. Very nice layout and pictures. Like the leaves colors. thank You for being in the hop and for a chance to win great prizes.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  67. Great work on the layout! It's always good to have some time to do something you enjoy =) Keep up the fantastic work!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. What a great LO! My kids are my greatest blessing as well!

    I am already a follower of your blog and thank you for the chance to win some awesome candy! Today is my birthday so a win would be extra special! :) Have a wonderful Sunday!

    Melissa
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. Hi there, I'm a new follower! I love your layouts! They are so crisp and so clean. Very elegant. I really love the little raccoon. What a cutie! I've had a rough year as well and would love to win some candy, so thanks for the opportunity! Please check out my blog if you get a chance. I'd appreciate it greatly. :)

    XO ~ Amy Jo
    amyjrockstar@gmail.com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  70. Love your layout....so precious. Adorable kiddos. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs...Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  71. I have really enjoyed this hop- and I'm glad I found your blog ! Beautiful layout and even more beautiful children! Thanks for sharing. kandrewsny@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  72. you do such beautiful work, and your kids are adorable. Thanks for sharing!
    jpshirley@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  73. Love the pages, I can see your blessings. I am hoping that you have found a job, I will have to read farther in your blog! If not I will say a prayer for you. My husband has been out of work for over a year now and nothing just yet! God Bless!
    forpahl5atgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  74. What an adorable layout. You are blessed to have such beautiful children.
    mbchoj at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  75. Very cute layout! You all have truly inspired me. I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Whew... what a blog hop! Great LO... a fabulous finish to a hop full of fabulous projects and fabulous blog candy. Thank you!!

    ~ JD ~
    jdscricuteering{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  77. Great page. i like the tree and little animal on there. iam also a follwer now.

    Angie
    http://scrappindiva-angie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  78. I love your layout!!! What a great job! Thanks so much for sharing and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    hugs,jen
    jennyscards.blogspot.com
    jenniferhogge07@yahoo.com

    Thanks for the chance to win!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  79. That is an awesome LO for your adorable babies! I love the Imaginisce Apple Cider paper line and you have shown it off so well.
    Enjoy your crafting time!
    Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  80. very cute, thanks for sharing....

    Lisa
    lamerlisa@hotmail.com
    www.lisakelly110803.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  81. WOW..what a fun blog hop...and it ended with your adorable 2 page layout! I know you are so proud of your children..have a wonderful Thanksgiving and thanks for the chance for the GREAT candy!
    Diana B.
    crb_deb@bellsouth.net

    I'm a follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Beautiful layouts ....Thank you for the chance to win!! Happy Thanksgiving!! Brandy

    Penbrandy at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  83. Love the layout...especially the color-combo! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Your layout is very nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Great LO with the raccoons! Your children are precious :) Thanks for sharing...following your blog :)

    wilder4ga at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  86. What a pretty layout. You have a lot to be proud of: Thanks for being part of the blog hop..I'm a new follower, and looking forward to seeing more of your great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Whew..that was a fun blog hop..such talent along the way and even here right up to the end.. Very very nice layout. I'm lovin those trees! You should submit it on the challenge at my blog SerenityScrappers.blogspot.com.. We have a geat prize and we'd love to have you join in! Have a great great Thanksgiving..

    ReplyDelete
  88. Last, but not least, TFS it has trully been a blessing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  89. I love your layouts!!!! so Cute!! Great job.
    nlpimentel@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  90. what a beautiful layout, I really like the font you did, glad you were part of the hop, thanks for shairng your layout.

    shelley
    lostnwa98 at frontier dot com

    ReplyDelete
  91. Oh - fantastic layout! Love all those little creatures! LOL!!!

    Thank you so much for the birthday wishes!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete