aka The Crafting Chemist

When I started this blog I had no idea what direction it would go... I'm a Mom, a Chemist, and a Crafter. This is my place to share my creative side and ocassionally brag about my kids. I hope you enjoy my creations and find some inspiration. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Breast Cancer Awareness/Girl Power Blog Hop

Thank you for joining us and celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness and Girl Power! This is your last stop on the hop and you should've gotten here from Crafting Flamingo. If not, head on over to dsjmdesigns and start from the begining. There are so many talented bloggers that you won't want to miss one!

I'd first like to thank Shana for inviting me to take part in this hop. I feel honored to be among so much talent!

My blog and project today will be dedicated to a friend of mine who just finished her treatment a week ago. She has put together a team "A Pink Moose" to participate in a Susan G Komen Race for the Cure here in town. My kids and I will be supporting her for this walk.

I made this "Strength" word book for her to scrap some photos and journal some memories from the walk. It's my first word book and I used Design Studio for the welding. (It's a little hard to tell what the word is because of the number of letters and I only have a Create, so I was limited on space)

Here are some pictures:
(Warning: There are quite a few pictures because I wanted to share each page with you. I hope you don't mind.)


I used cereal boxes, soda boxes, and cookie boxes for the chipboard. I added lots of pink bling to the pages (I hope it's not too much). I left off the photo mats because I don't want her to be limited to the number and size of pictures. I have extra papers that we can add later if she wants.









Details:
Don Juan for the letters (height is 5 inches)
Animal Kingdom for the moose
Forever Young for the "gorgeous" and "fabulous" words
Storybook for the butterfly swirls and sentiment frames
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Bazzill cardstock
patterned papers from Recollections, Making Memories, and Heidi Grace
sticky gems and pearls
i-rock gems
ribbon from Michael's
pink Stickles
sentiments from Inkadinkado (heat embossed with silver powder)
Cropodile used to punch the holes

Here are pictures of what I'm offering:
Some pink flowers and bling, a clear stamp, and a hand made fabric flower hair clip/pin.


The winner will be able to choose if you'd like the flower to be a hair clip or a pin. (I have more flower hair clips in my etsy shop if you're interested.)


We also have a sponsor for this fabulous Blog Hop

Oh My Crafts!
They are donating 5 $5.00 gift certificates and 5 2x2 pink ribbon die cuts for your cuttlebug/bigshoot!

To enter just leave me a comment and follow if you'd like. (I'll have some blog candy once I reach 100 followers!) Don't forget to leave a way for me to get ahold of you. The hop ends on Sunday October 17, 2010 at 11:30PM. I'll post the winner of my prize on Monday the 18th. The winner will have 1 week to respond or I will need to pick someone else.

Here is the list of blogs in case you missed one:
dsjmdesigns

pinkcricut

cricutchick

madebymomo

janjasblog

emilymyer

craftjunkietoo

cricutmatriarch

craftingflamingo

kathyand3kids (me)

Thanks for stopping by and making it through my long post!

118 comments:

  1. This word book is beautiful! What a wonderful cause!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,
    your wordbook is SUPER COOL :D
    I love it...
    and I'm glad you took the time to post all the pictures!!
    it's a great gift!

    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. word book is great, I love it
    debs31totes at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this book! WOW, you are very creative!
    Thank you, Glenda
    glendalea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your word book. You never can have too much pink. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

    Trisha
    patnbobcuddy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Strength book! Might have to copy it for my mom,she just does realize how her modest strength made me see her so much stronger. Your book is a wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! I love this book, it can be changed up for soo many causes...thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is an awesome word book! love that you posted each page, I would be wondering what the inside looked like if you didn't. Love it & deffinetly not to much bling, I am an 80's girl..never too much bling!! LOL

    Staci ~ staci412 at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your wonderful word book.
    designsbynannyataoldotcom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your word book is absolutely stunning!!! Thank you for taking the time to share with us your wonderful talents!!!!

    http://www.shawnsfiresidecraftingroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful idea with the strength book, you did a beautiful job!
    nancyiaggi@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love,love, love the wordbook and that you used the thin cardboard from the boxes!!! The flowers are really really cute too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your book is WONDERFUL---I know your friend will love it.Thanks for sharing.
    anita cannon
    amc35045@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your creation is beautiful! I love knowing that we can use the lightweight chipboard, so I will definitely be saving my cereal boxes from now on! Thanks for the lesson!

    http://www.stampingl8y.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I just love your book!! You did an awesome job!! TFS

    im_mari723@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so diggin your book! Thank you for sharing, and for the chance to win the awesome prize!

    lecantojack@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your book! I have wanted to try a work book but have been intimidated. Yours turned our great! I think I'm going to have to try now! :)

    lisa
    whitloli@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute album
    Rebecca Minor
    buzzybeedesignsATyahooDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great project! tfs
    http://heidihasanidea.blogspot.com/
    winterblue73@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE your wordbook! I am going to have to ScrapLift this for a friend of mine whose mother is currently going thru chemo. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE THE ALBUM! WONDERFUL WONDERFUL PROJECT. THANKS FOR SHARING & THE CHANCE TO WIN

    ReplyDelete
  22. your book is AMAZING!! I LOVE IT!!! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely beautiful!!!! I love the papers and that font is my favorite! XOXO Momo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your word book! Well done! So pretty and pink!
    qtme2003 at yahoo dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your wordbook and the materials really pulled this together. TFS

    Mama LoveBug @LoveBug Creations

    pam_lash at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE IT. THANKS FORCONTRIBUTING TO TODAYS EVENT. AS A RECENT 37 YR OLD BC SURVIVOR OF 8 MOS. IT MAKES ME SO THRILLED TO SEE SO MANY PEOPLE TAKING A STAND. BEST STACEY M. AKA PINKSUGAR

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your wordbook is just beautiful! Your friend will feel so loved and uplifted by it. TFS
    stuff@gt.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is wonderful. And your first attempt? I don't believe it. I need a few pointers. For real. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm already a follower.

    Christel
    http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fantastic word book for a wonderful cause! Thanks for all you are doing!
    scrapbooknut67114 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I Love your book it is gorgeous! I'm already a follower!
    Minta

    mintab@gmail.com
    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great word book. Love the detail in it... so pretty you just want to flip the pages.
    shesasassylady at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow your word book is awesome!! So pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely word book. Thanks for sharing.

    vwilson577 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  34. What an amazing album!! It's such a perfect album for someone to scrap their fight with breast cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your album, it is just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a beautiful book. Love that you included all the pictures. Great job

    Burffrau @ aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very pretty word book! Thanks for sharing all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your almost there...I was number 97 for your newest follower...how exciting for you!! I know it was when I hit 100. I love your project...it's super FABULOUS!!! Just awesome and thanks so much for sharing... Pink touches a place in my heart.
    hugs to you,
    jen
    I would love for you to stop by and visit my blog sometime.
    jennyscards.blogspot.com

    jenniferhogge07@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WORDBOOK! I loved every page. The stamps that you used are amazing. Lovely.

    dendearmas@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. the book is so cool....i loved seeing all the pictures..
    kathyrod68@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love that book! You did a great job!

    spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great cause and I love your book. Also I love your blog. I will definitely become a follower and I would love it if you went to my new blog and became a follower. It is located at:
    http://blogbykathi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love your word book. What a great gift for your friend, I am sure she will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very cute...Thank you so much for sharing!!!...And thank you for the giveaway!!....Brandy

    Penbrandy at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love, love love the word book! What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oh my goodness Kathy you did an amazing job on your book! I love it! Your very creative and talented! I love their team name 'A Pink Moose'. Being from Alaska we see lots of moose but no pink ones!! Love it!! Thanks!

    alaska.girl.24@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Your mini is sooo pretty!!! love it


    felkatz at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  49. What a awesome project so pretty and whimsical, I love it. TFS!! I could not find a way to follow your blog though :-( blanphear@ yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love your book! So cute!!
    Pat
    plweir@satx.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great word book I'v not been brave enough yet to do one of these!!!! yours is inspirational thanks for the chance to win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Beautiful wordbook!! I love that you used the chipboard from cereal boxes, soda boxes, and cookie boxes!! Now that's creative recycling!TFS!! laysig@telus.net

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love the wordbook!! It's beautiful and a wonderful gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Your word book is amazing!!!!!!!!!!! I love all of it!!!! TFS!!!!!

    wyme98@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oh my goodness, you have done a wonderful job on your workbook. I would have never guessed that this is your first one. Blessing to your friend. Thanking you for share such a special project with all of us.

    Marianne S.
    sthquilter at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  56. This is a stunning book & she is going to love receiving it.
    What a truly amazing gift.
    TFS!
    All the best,
    Sonia
    archivingangel@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. what a beautiful book for a great cause. you did a great job. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  58. You did an amazing job on your wordbook! I am amazed that you were about to get that from your create and that it is your first one! Thanks for being a part of this great blog hop!
    craftylizard(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love it...it's great...not to limited because it was done on a Create. You did a terrific job. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    gdobberteen@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. I love, love, love your book!! Prayers for your friend, I am a 6+ year Survivor!! Also, am now following your blogs....Wonderful Inspiration,,,Thanks!!

    debpaint16@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  61. What a wonderful project - WOW Ü
    ♥Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  62. Great job on the word book. I am sure your friend will love it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  63. What a wonderful project. And thanks for sharing all the pictures, it was nice to see the complete project.
    mrs_to_you@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  64. That was so very thoughtful of you to do the book for your friend and just in time for the race. It was certainly a great idea. Thanks for sharing and the opportunity to win.
    Veronica
    vballen@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  65. Love your strength book, your friend will love it. Thank you for an opportunity to win the blog candy.
    Halloranpx@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. I love your strength book. It is simply gorgeous! Thank you for the chance to win your blog candy. shanna13@frontiernet.net

    ReplyDelete
  67. Love your book. They were so cute!!!! Thanks for theh chance to win
    Lacevedo83@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  68. LOVE your book and your giveaway is so sweet! Thanks for the chance!
    kmassman gmail

    ReplyDelete
  69. What a sweet gift-your friend will love it! It looks great! Thanks for sharing!

    lungtx91@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  70. I have never did a word book before but this strength book is something I might try. TFS something so inspiring for this important cause.
    TTFN
    Debby -- dpookybear at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  71. Your book is just beautiful. Your friend is very lucky to have you in her corner. Congratulations on going over 100 followers. -Gloria- kidsrmybiz at charter dot net

    ReplyDelete
  72. FABULOUS projects! REally, they are fantastic!!

    spunkygirl61@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  73. I love the little book and I am sure your friend will love it also and have much to put into it. Best wishes for her also and thanks for all your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Great job on WB!

    ohsoprettyful@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  75. OMG! Beautiful word album! Lovely details.
    jennyplace26@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  76. I love your Strength wordbook and I know your friend is going to love it! My prayers are with her. Thank you so much for sharing with us. lindagk23@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  77. I love the word book. I'm going to have to try one of those some day SOON. I am now a follower too.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Best of luck to your friend..
    She will love this book, and I cannot get over the cow with wings!! too cute!
    Thanks for sharing your awesome project, i am now a follower.
    Bonnie c
    http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
    a_scrap_above(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  79. Your album is beautiful and I love how you used boxes to recycle while making this. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  80. I think this book is lovely. What a perfect gift. You did an amazing job. Thanks for being a part of this great hop! pjritsema at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  81. I love, love, love your wordbook. It is so beautiful and i think you can never have too much pink. Love the blog candy also, the flower is very beautiful. you did a great job on everything. I am now a follower of your blog.

    http://ikolinda-scrappinmomma.blogspot.com

    iko dot linda at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  82. I thought i left a comment you are so creative and love getting everyhitng you make luv ya

    Your Sister-in-law

    ReplyDelete
  83. Great job.

    diana herrera at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  84. Your book is fantastic work, all of the blogs that I have hopped to have had amazing projects and for such a GREAT cause. You guys rock!!!!
    Karen dkolopez@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  85. This is a wonderful gift for your friend! If I may ask did you use the cereal boxes and such for the pages? What ever you did it came out beautifully.
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  86. Great book. I've been wanting to try one of those but just haven't made the time. Hopefully soon.

    Thank you for being part of the hop, I've truly enjoyed viewing all the projects and making some new blog friends.

    Wasn't able to comment on the two blogs prior to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Love your word album. It takes STRENGTH to fight cancer so that is a great book. Love it. Great blog candy too! Wasn't able to comment on the two blogs prior to yours either. Glad it is not me and hope they get it fixed, i will check tomorrow.
    syoung6987@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  88. Beautiful book!!!
    Great blog candy.
    annadowdy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  89. Strength is the perfect word.... great project. Thanks for sharing. New follwer.

    ReplyDelete
  90. i love this.. great project.. very nice.. thanks for sharing..
    juicycreations808@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  91. You book is gorgeous, and I am so glad your friend is able to be at the end of her treatments... She is a sister of mine now... I too am a survivor and I thank you for participating in this hop. Thanks you 100 times over!

    ReplyDelete
  92. What a great book you have here. Thanks for sharing!

    Gina Lindsey
    agsainz at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  93. What an amazing project for an amazing cause! Thanks for doing this hop :o)

    www.crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com
    crazyaboutcricut at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  94. This is a very pretty word book
    Thank you,
    Teri
    teri.barefoot@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  95. This project is the perfect inspitation for the patient,, you are such a sweet friend! And thanks for helping us remember to squish our tatas! If we can get one woman to detect it early then we've all become winners!
    amporath@gmail . com
    P.S. I couldn't figure out how to post a comment on the previous blog? Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  96. GORGEOUS album!! What a great tribute to the cause! Thanks for sharing!! It's absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  97. The album is wonderful and must have taken a very long time to make. Just beautiful. Thank You for being in the hop and for a chance to win cool prizes.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  98. Wow what a beautiful book. I know your friend will cherish it. It is a great testament to your friends fight, as well as her pink moose team. I wish her the best!
    PS: I was unable to leave a comment on the blog before your's, no matter what I tried.
    Thanks for sharing your lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  99. Amazing job on the book! It's beautiful!

    Krisitn
    ksully4597@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  100. Your friend must have cried her eyes out when she was given this book, it is so pretty, I mean really, really pretty! What a thoughtful person you are! Thank you so such for sharing, it made my day!
    mhalford6 @aol. com

    ReplyDelete
  101. This is the most beautiful wordbook I have ever seen. My favorite for sure!
    Thank you for sharing this with us..I will need to try one someday. I am so inspired!

    Cricut Chick
    www.cricutchick.com
    cricutchick@rocketmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  102. Beautiful book. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  103. Your book is beautiful and fun at the same time...love, love, love it! And oh, btw, it's not too much.

    ReplyDelete
  104. Your wordbook is great. I really like it. TFS
    anniebear10@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  105. I love the word book Kathy! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  106. Absolutely beautiful word book! I love all the pink. :) Tfs and have a great day.

    star24601@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  107. that is a beautiful book. I;m sure she will love it. TFS
    desaucier at bellsouth dot net

    ReplyDelete
  108. Your book is wonderful, I am wanting to make a book for my grandson like that. So thank you for such good details. Thank you for sharing, and for the chance to win blog candy.
    pennykitz@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  109. I love your word book! Thanks


    shop2udrop at embarqmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  110. What a beautiful wordbook. Love it. Thanks for sharing.

    Mandy
    mjbaker at earthlink dot net

    ReplyDelete
  111. You're book is truely BEAUTIFUL!!! I know you're friend will absolutely love it!!!
    wendy.roos2boys@gmail.com
    http://gilbyscraftster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  112. Love your word book.

    Kathy
    Katsews at Gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  113. Thanks everyone! I'll post a winner soon!

    ReplyDelete